It was just yesterday when i got my Nexus 7. As soon as i plugged in i started seeing static lines and a dim back-light. No charging logo was appearing. It was very wiered and i decided to call up flipkart and ask them for a replacement. But before that i tried to fix the problem. And it worked !!
So here is the method i used to fix my problem. (I have divided it into two parts for convenience)
1. Brand new Nexus 7 which wont charge or respond but shows dim backlight and static lines
Fixing this problem is quite easy as it requires just 2 minutes
1. Open the back cover of the Nexus 7
2. use the image below to see if if the charger pin is correctly fixed into the socket. (The small black color pin which the arrow is pointing to)
2. Nexus 7 doesn’t turn ON
- Make sure there isn’t any dust or lint in the power port.
- Using the original power adapter and USB cable, plug your Nexus 7 into a functioning power outlet. Nexus 7 has specific power requirements, and the USB cable and power adapter that are included are designed to meet those requirements.
- Ensure the power cord is securely connected to the tablet and the power adapter.
- After 1 minute, check to see if a battery icon appears on the screen.
- If the battery icon appears, press & hold the Power button for 15 to 30 seconds to see if the device turns on.
If the Battery icon doesn’t appear on charging the phone try accessing the bootloader
- Press & hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press & hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see an Android robot and the word Start on the screen.
- Press the Volume down button until Power off is highlighted. Press the Power button to select that option.
- Disconnect the charger and reconnect it within 10 seconds. A battery icon should appear on your screen.
Once the battery icon appears on the screen, allow your tablet to charge for at least 1 hour before turning it back on.
If it still doesnt work try the following
- Connect your Nexus 7 to a computer’s USB port while the computer is on and connected to a power source.
- After 30 minutes, disconnect the USB cable from your Nexus 7.
- Connect the cable to your Nexus 7 again.
- Wait for one minute and check if a battery icon appears on the screen.
- Press & hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if your Nexus 7 turns on.
Please comment if any queries