We at Ashtricks are puny mortals.
So when we- freshman year students- tried our hand at the TopCoder SRM 676 yesterday, we discovered something. We had NO idea what to do. Starting from the interface itself, to the problem pattern and the solving approach, every single aspect of it was unfamiliar. And mind you, we’ve been pursuing competitive coding on other platforms for a while now.
Keeping this in mind, we present to you- Code Companions 2015. A great way to end the year. This isn’t a competition, or we’d call it Code Conflict! It is, however, a coding conclave. A fantastic place to meet coders with the same bend of mind, and solve problems. Considering how 85% of the problems posted online are out of the reach of programmers new to competitive coding, the admins at Ashtricks will select some of the relatively simpler problems and post them on the Code Companions page for you to solve. There will be a chatbox where you can post updates or questions and chat with other users.
- The event will start at 10:00 P.M. IST on Monday, 21st December 2015.
- New questions will be added every 20 minutes.
- A total of 10 questions will be posted. There is no time limit per question- it’s a friendly event. Spend as long as you like. The questions will not be deleted in the foreseeable future.
- The questions will be from the Codeforces problem set. Feel free to browse and practice.
- The questions will not require any prerequisite knowledge of advanced algorithms, just logical thinking, implementation skills, string handling, basic data structures, and greedy algorithmic approach.
- Please keep in mind that while the event is friendly, it shouldn’t be collaborative. We expect each of you to try your hand at a problem for at least 15-20 minutes before seeking help, as this is the only way forward, for you to learn logical thinking and problem solving techniques.
- That said, it is after all a friendly event. The chat box on the side of the page will always be open for you to reach out and proclaim victory when your solutions are accepted, or metaphorically bang your keyboards in frustration at WAs or TLEs.
- If you wish to share code segments or programs, please post them onto pastebin with the correct syntax highlighting and then share the link on the chat.
- Please be nice to other participants, or the admins will be forced to kick you from the chat. Remember, ‘tis the season to be jolly, not mean.
- Visit Code Companions page for further updates.
CODE COMPANIONS IS NOW LIVE: VISIT www.ashtricks.com/cc
We hope you have fun. Good luck!
Until we meet.