There are more than 81 Million fake Facebook users in the world. Ever so often i get messages like “Bro, my sister’s account is hacked” or “Someone made a fake account about me, please help me out”. Identity theft are common in Facebook, which is why Facebook has even added a privacy shortcut and asking you not to accept any person you don’t know personally. While you can always report such profiles to Facebook using their Report form, but it takes time and sometimes the claim is even rejected because the fake account is seems convincing enough for them and doesn’t break any of the rules. Also Facebook will never disclose to you any details about the fake profile, like when it was created and from which Computer it was operated.
Here in this post i will show you how exactly you can Find an IP address of a fake Facebook user. But before that, just in case you were wondering- What is an IP Address ?
[blockquote source=”Wikipedia”]An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication[/blockquote]
Basically it is a method to identify the device which is connected to the internet. Using this we can get information about the device such as your device information based on your IP address is:
Using the same principle we can get the fake accounts IP address, location ETC.
Getting the IP Address
- Collect information about the fake account. For example the people they are friends with who happen to be friends with you in real life.
- Ask that friend to start chatting with the account.
- Go to grabify and enter a website like ashtricks.com
and you will be given a short link
This short link has to be sent to the fake Facebook account with the help of the friend we previously talked about.
We will get the IP Address of the person if he/she clicks on this link which will cleverly lead to an unassuming website such as google(or any other website you type in the console)
- You have to make sure the person clicks on it
- Refresh the page to view if anyone clicked on the link or not. You will get a set of results such as these
- Usually information like this is enough to identify the culprit, if he/she lies in your friend/acquaintance circle. From the above results I can say the person has a ASUS phone with the model number MMB29U. Whoever has this phone(in my example) is the one accessing the fake account.
Tracking the IP Address
- To track the IP Address: got to iptrackeronline.com
- Enter the IP address which we obtained earlier and you have the map co-ordinates of the device or just the locality where the person might come from
- If you are not able to suspect anyone then approach your attorney or lawyer, he will file the necessary documents for the ISP to disclose the subscriber details for the IP address.
Hope this tutorial helps. If you have any questions regarding fake Facebook profiles please do comment below.